Friday, October 28, 2005

October 28 2005
Hot Hot Heat
Weezer
Foo Fighters

I have been a fan of the Foo Fighters for a long time now and have seen them twice, but only at festivals where they only played for a limited amount of time, so I was thrilled to hear that they were touring and would be literally right around the corner from where I live, at the Oakland Arena. I was also totally stoked to have floor tickets. I was less thrilled that they were on a double bill with Weezer. Don't get me wrong there are a few songs on each of their albums that I like, but as a whole they just don't do it for me. But I was willing to give them a chance to see the Foo Fighters.

First up were the Hot Hot Heat. We had seen them twice before as well at the same festivals that we had seen FF. They are always a lot of fun and have really catchy tunes. But the best part of this band is the lead singer's absolutely spectacular white man fro...Fabulous!

Ok, I will admit it....I actually enjoyed Weezer. I ain't going out and buying all their CD's or anything, but I did enjoy their live show and actually knew a lot more of their songs then I thought I did. But the best part of show was the last song when six strippers came out on stage and danced in their underwear with each letter of weezer's name across their chests. It was hilarious to see these buff naked men dancing in front of possibly the nerdyist band ever. Pure genius.

The Foo Fighters were even better than I remember. One thing I really love about this band is that they seem totally tireless. They almost never stopped playing for the full time they are on stage. They pretty much only stopped to change instruments, to let Dave and Taylor change places for a song and for Dave's hilarious rambling. In referring to the strippers he said the words "hot cock" about 20 times. You can never here those words too much. He also told the crowd that the best part of being in your thirties is that you can hold your Jeagermeister and have finally learned how to eat pussy. Oh my! I just felt sorry for anyone that had brought their teenagers to the concert thinking; "This band will be safe, they don't swear too much in their music." He also made the whole crowd say "Hi Mrs. Grohl!" to his wife who was sitting in the back of the floor seating area. They played all their oldies but goodies as well as songs off their new double album. They had a great stage set and made the show a lot of fun.

We had a great time, enjoyed all the music and it only took three days for me to be able to hear again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Maya....soooo fun to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just love it. You are SO FUNNY.

Anonymous said...

why did it put my in as 'anonymous'..it's Me..Michelle Ebadi - babaganoush....I love it!!!