Thursday, October 20, 2005

While I was in Albany this last week I asked around for things to do in the afternoon after I was done at the clinic. A couple of people told me to go to Saratoga Springs, about 30 minutes away. That is were the famous race track is and they said it was a "quaint" town with "cute" shops. So, off I went. The drive was pretty, the trees are just starting to change but when I got to Saratoga Springs I realized that my idea or quaint and cute and different than most peoples. The town was nice but really yuppified. The main street was filled with Banana Republic and Eddie Bauer type stores. Not my style, I was expecting antique and coffee shops and the like. But the town did have a nice little historic park that I wandered around in and was nearly stampeded by ducks in when I went to take their picture.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayitaazul/sets/1205688/

No comments: