Sunday, November 20, 2005

Rob Thomas
Paramount Theater

We almost didn't go to this show, which is a huge thing for us since we love concerts. We were both SO exhausted from traveling, work and the NIN concert the night before that we almost decided to skip this one. We actually flipped a coin. Heads we go, tails we stay home. Flip. Heads. So off we go.

We had a bitch of a time finding parking since the theater is in downtown Oakland. But we finally found a spot and headed to the theater. We had purposely headed out late since the opening act was Anna Nalick and neither Tina or I like her.

Believe it or not I had not been to the Paramount theater before, I know, a theater that I had not been to? Yeah, I was surprised too. This a great place with an old fashioned charm. It is beautifully restored and done in the art deco style.

I am really glad we decided to go. Rob Thomas was really on that night and played a really rocking set. He played all his new stuff with some Matchbox Twenty songs thrown in for good measure. His band was great and he was as cute and charming as ever. We even got see two ladies almost throw down in our ails during the show...Not what you expect with this crowd...How exciting! :)

Fun stuff and I went home even more tired, but happy.

No comments: