Friday, October 20, 2006

Scotland - The Darkening


Tuesday night


We showed up for the City of the Dead tour at 7:45 for the 8:15 tour. We were the first ones there, I thought that it might be a small tour, but by 8 pm there were about 30 people including a group of rather rowdy teenagers. I was just hoping that I would be about to hear the tour guide. Our tour guide was Rosie, she was outgoing and seemed to really enjoy what she did. At 8:15 we started the tour. We went around the corner to parliament square and Rosie told us some of the history of Edinburgh. She described the with hunts and all matter of fun torture history. After this we made our way down the road to Greyfriars Kirk Graveyard. It was very creepy at night, but being that I love graveyards I was not afraid at all. We walked around the graveyard and heard tales of ghosts and and the people who had had experiences with them. I was used as an example twice once as a murder victim and again because I have had supernatural experiences I was sent onto an empty crypt to see if I could conduct some activity. I didn't in fact I felt the most calm I had felt on the whole tour. This took place in a part of the graveyard called the conventor's prison which is locked all the time except for when the tours go in. It is supposed to be too dangerous in there, Rosie says because of the ghost activity, but more likely to preserve the crypts. It was a little strange in there, but not enough to scare me at all. After this we headed back towards the front of the graveyard stopping at a large crypt the supposedly had a lot of ghost activity. I really enjoyed the tour and being able to go into a graveyard at night. I would recommend it to anyone that comes to Edinburgh.

Wednesday

I don't have much to write about Wednesday, we went out shopping, I forgot my camera, I was not pleased. Since I didn't have my camera we decided to come back to the historic old town on Friday and moved on to the new town to do our shopping. I bought a lot of stuff, I am sure you will see some of it soon. :)

No comments: