Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Bravery
The Fillmore

As I have said before I love the historic Fillmore theater. I have also said the bands that play here are thrilled to play here and show it. The lead singer of The Bravery confirmed this for me. Before they started he said how cool it was to be playing here. I believe his exact words were; "This is some historic shit!" Well said my friend, well said.

Now, when I talk to people about The Bravery, I usually get one of two responses; enthusiasm or ambivalence. I am not sure why this is, I think they are great...as long as you don't take them too seriously. They are a fun band to listen to and look at. I am not saying that they are the greatest band out there, not by a long shot. But I have found that people tend to be music snobs. They wont admit to liking a band unless the band is branded "cool" by the rest of the world. I am not a music snob. I like ALL kinds of music and many, many, many different bands within each genre. So there! ;)

This show was great fun and the crowd was most definitely enthusiastic! Everyone was singing at the top of their lungs and jumping around and being generally silly fans. The band interacted with the audience a lot (which is a big plus in my book) they were having as much fun as we were. I think the band comes off as very aloof and ultra cool, but they were gracious and a little dorky (another big plus) The lead singer even dedicated a song to his dad who was there at the show.

I was hoarse from singing to all the songs and all tired out from jumping around. The only disappointments were that the show was not long enough, though I don't know what I expected since they only have one album out and it is only 37 minutes long! And that I got caught taking pictures during the next to last song and security made my erase all the pictures on my camera, damn effective security!

I encourage anyone with a sense of humor and a sense of fun to see this band live. Long live faux-pretensious music!

No comments: