Saturday, December 03, 2005

Today I had the day off and decided to go out to a botanical garden in the near by town of Bellevue. I know that most people wouldn't think of going to a garden in winter, but it actually was very beautiful. There were an abundance of winter berries and evergreen plants as well as a lot of birds and squirrels.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayitaazul/sets/1505178/

After the garden I went into Seattle and went to Pioneer Square to go on the Underground Tour. It was a lot of fun, the whole tour is underground (of course) on the old street level. There were a lot of fun and interesting stories about the founding and past of Seattle. It was a real behind the scenes look at the city. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle.

Here are some pictures of Pioneer Square and the tour:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayitaazul/sets/1505240/

After the tour I did some shopping and had dinner at the underground cafe of the Elliott Bay Bookstore. This is a great bookstore with a little of everything and a great friendly atmosphere.

Back to the grind tomorrow...Oh well, I had fun today.

No comments: